Lead Baker Trainee:
Location: New York City
Rate of Pay: starting at $20 USD per hour
The Pastry – Lead Baker Trainee fulfills special order decorations for cakes, tarts, and pastries. They will work in tandem with the pastry team to create appealing designs on all specialty bakery goods. Ensures that the display cases are attractive and full, and the product is fresh. Evaluates product and inventory need as well as receive the incoming products and assist the manager and department lead. Assists guests with selection, and shares knowledge of preparation and pairings. “Packs out” products, stocks, rotates, merchandises displays and assures a full and fronted department. Works with the manager to ensure pars are accurate and met for order needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with customers on desired cake designs and decorating ideas for specialty cakes.
- Decorates all cakes, tarts, pastries, and special-order items in the Patisserie department.
- Work in tandem with the pastry team to create appealing designs on all baked goods.
- Assist the pastry and baking team with the production of standard bakery items.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and quality checks products according to department procedures and Regulated Health Codes
- Ensures all product is merchandised attractively, as per brand standards
- Rotates products according to First In First Out (FIFO) standards; ensuring all products are within expiration code and of the highest quality
- Maintains and organizes back-stock and storage areas according to department standards
- Communicates department needs, adjustments and problems promptly and efficiently to the manager
- Participates in scheduled inventory procedures or spot inventory audits