One of the great things about coming to the USA on the J1 Visa Program is that regardless of your placement location, you will be able to travel around the USA throughout your 12-18 months J1 Internship/Traineeship. Below is a list of the Top 10 Places to visit in the United States.
- New York City – If this is your 1st visit to New York City then you will need to visit American icons like The Statue of Liberty, The Empire State Building and Time Square, but New York City has so much more to offer. Make sure to take a walk through beautiful Central Park or visit the Theater District to see a Broadway play or musical.
2. Los Angeles – Make sure you have your walking shoes. Go shopping on Rodeo Drive or take a tour of Beverly Hills. Don’t forget to visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame and TCL Chinese Theater (Grauman’s Chinese Theater).
3. Yellowstone National Park – This national park provides plenty of attractions to excite nature lovers, from steaming geysers to bubbling hot springs to hiking trails that stretch for miles.
4. Washington DC – The nation’s capital has a lot going for it. Iconic landmarks, such as the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument, allow you to sight see for days. Just make sure to save some energy for an evening out – D.C. boasts a lively restaurant and bar scene.
5. Asheville, NC – Asheville’s vibrant art scene, food culture, historic architecture and mountain scenery makes this a great city to visit. Make sure to visit Biltmore, once the home of the Vanderbilt family or take the Ghost Walking Tour to hear about the city haunted history.
6. Santa Fe, NM – Sante Fe has been named one the the top places to travel in the US and from November through February you can see first hand the areas brilliant artists create their masterpieces.
7. Chicago, IL – As the beacon of the Midwest, Chicago has a beautiful skyline, restaurants, shopping, museums and activities for everyone. Famous places to visit include Wrigley Field, Millennium Park and 360 CHICAGO Observation Deck.
8. New Orleans, LA – Known as the “Big Easy”, New Orleans offers a blend of different cultures that have been influenced from the Caribbean, Europe and other locales. The city welcomes it visitors with all of the gumbo, jazz and partying you can handle.
9. Miami, FL – This South Florida destination is a melting pot of culture with its vibrant food and nightlife. But don’t forget to visit art museums to learn about the history and culture of the area.
10. Atlanta, GA – As the capital of Georgia, Atlanta was important in the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement. Enjoy exploring this city with Southern charm and world-class sophistication and the city that has been dubbed “the next international city”. Some of our favorite places to visit are Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Centennial Olympic Park and Atlanta Botanical Garden. Don’t forget, if you are making a trip to Atlanta we would LOVE to meet you in person!
Enjoy exploring and experiencing new cultures throughout your journey in the USA and send us your pictures.